Sunday, December 28, 2008

A night full of Yam Seng

I seriously can't think any other tittle for this post because there were full of people cheering Yam Seng (drink of victory), around me last night. Don't get me wrong, I didn't go drinking last nite. I actually attended a Chinese friend's wedding at Equatorial last nite.



Seronok dapat jumpa my ex-collegues. Sorang mai dari Singapore. Sempatlah gak I membelek iPhone dia. Canggih ler tapi there is a few setback ler. The camera is only 2 Megapixel, tak boleh rakam video and tak boleh forward messages. Tapi the application best2 gak ler especially the games. The phone is actually SD400 tapi you have to sign a two year contract with the phone co. ler. Wah, ni nak buat review orang kawin ker, review talipon ya.





It's my first Chinese wedding actually. But I kinda expected that it will be so meriah with people cheering for the happy couple of the nite. Tapi paling kesian bila the pengantin were making their speech ada plak uncle2 yang made some rude remarks. Iyalah semua kepala dah ting tong agaknya. Sampaikan the other uncle's yang satu meja tu kena suh uncle ting tong tu tu keep quiet. Luckily all my collegue yang satu table semua sober dan tak merapu2, kalau idak mau aku baling kasut kat depa :)






The Bride was really into music. So the theme of night is all about music. Every table has a song theme name. There were also a music sheet with lyrics of famous songs for each guest. I actually totally forgotton to take the cards back with me. You can actually sing along the band that is serenading the guest for the nite.







We had a Chinese 10 course meal , was it ten or twelve. I actually lost count because the food kept coming. But the best part was the tiger prawns lah. Although this morning I actually have one swollen eyes. Must be the prawns, I have an allergy for certain seafood. Tapi I makan dua ekor jer udang tu. The egg drop soup pun sungguhlah deliciousnya, my favorite tu. Tetiba teringat time boss belanja makan kat Mandarin Oriental makan durian pie tu...sedapnya. Bos bilalah nak belanja lagi ni.




I actually bila semua orang dah mula Yam Seng2 ni I nak blah balik dah tapi Hubby tak bagi plak. Dia suruh jumpa the pengantin dulu sebelum balik. So terpaksalah tunggu the couple datang ke our table to Yam Seng and take picture with our table.






That's the souvenier from the couple to the guests, chopstick. Nampak tak kad gambar cheongsam tu, dalam tulah ada tertulis lyric lagu.





Sempat lagi posing tu depan kereta VW depan entrance pintu hotel sebelum balik tu. Sampai rumah dekat pukul 11.30 malam. Penatnya. I think there's a few more Chinese wedding I have to attend in the future sebab ada 2 orang lagi my collegue nak kawin gak tu. Anyway, congratulations to the couple. May you live a prosperous life.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin